Monday, July 6, 2009

A reason to celebrate.

I was just getting home from the super market with the kids on the 4th and saw that Barry was home early from work(yeah), and on the phone with his Dad, who we haven't seen in a while(yeah x 2). So I tossed the milk in the fridge and we rushed off to Cleremont for a cookout and some fireworks.
Dahlia's was jumping up and down she was so excited by the bright lights and noises. A few of the surrounding neighbors were getting into their larger ones, so we could see them over the houses. It was quite the show.

Sitting a safe distance back with Emily. The kids were both so happy to see her. Gregory kept running up and giving her hugs. (He was not very happy about the big fuzz ball of a dog Rocko. I don't think I've ever heard him shriek like that.)


But he certainly was getting a kick out of the festivities. It was hard holding him back from investigating.

All in all it was a great time. I'm glad the kids got to see some fireworks for the holiday. I'm even more glad that we went to see the in laws. It had been too long. We won't be waiting so long this time.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July.
I know they're pretty but you shouldn't run straight at the fireworks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On so many levels this is really, really cool!! Glad you had a great time.

Big hugs!
Mom

Anonymous said...

thanks for the beautiful pics and more importantly the most kind words and believe me my darlin we feel the same way...we really love all of you...thank you
Jody (mom)