Monday, January 5, 2009

Kids and Cups.

Ok people. I love my children, but let's have a moment of honesty here. My son is a HAND FULL. I'm not talking little A cup at Mardi Gra handful. It's more like drunk double D's that attack people's faces at partys. This boy gets a bath twice as much as his sister because this is what he looks like almost every night after dinner. He could be an extra in Brave Heart with this face.



Also he gets into EVERYTHING! It's as if he can smell folded laundry and is drawn to it by unseen forces. Now that walking is old news, climbing is the new extreme sport. I'd have a heart attack but he never falls.



And can we please talk about his overwhelming need to be held at all times. I thought once kids learned to walk they were off and you had to wrestle hugs from them. Now I know babys need love and I give all my cold heart can squeeze out. But he cries like he's on fire and being eaten while he burns until I pick him up. I would normally be strong and break him of this but I'm worried what the neighbors might think.



Which is why I'm typing this with one hand and rocking him in the other. Because I wuv him. At this point I would like to remind you all that I love him very much, I just don't seem to remember Dahlia being this much work at his age.


And now she's just so helpful (when she's not beating up her brother which is every waking moment). Here she is helping me clean while the boys were out for a drive.






New topic.
I like to drink a lot of water. I don't like to do dishes. I also don't like to waste. So I have a plastic cup that I reuse for water. But I have to label it somehow so I don't put milk in it. This is where my Sharpie comes in. I call this segment:
Cup of the Moment.
Please contact me if you have ideas for upcoming cup labels for me.

2 comments:

windex woman said...

I HAVE A SPECIAL WATER CUP TOO!!! neat.

Anonymous said...

oh, windex woman is thirza